We are a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS) and ascribe to their beliefs. To find out more about the LCMS and what they believe feel free to visit their website at lcms.org.
We believe that the only true God is the Triune God; one God made of three distinct and separate persons.
- The Father, who creates and preserves all things. (Hebrews 11:1-3)
- The Son, who redeems the world by his death and resurrection. (John 3:16; John 5:39; Acts 4:12)
- The Holy Spirit, who brings and keeps people in saving faith in Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:3)
We believe that God desires all people to be saved and know the truth.
- God loves all people and wants them to come to love him and each other. (Ezekiel 33:11; 1 Timothy 2:3,4; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 4:16)
- We are sinful at birth, alienated from God, and must be born again in faith. (John 3:1-8, Romans 3:23; Colossians 1:21; Ephesians 2:1-5)
We believe that God so loved people that he sent his only Son Jesus to rescue us from our lost condition.
- Jesus Christ is both God and man. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; Colossians 2:8,9)
- Jesus gave his life as the perfect sacrifice for our sins, resulting in our forgiveness and acceptance before God the Father. (Isaiah 53:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Those who believe and are baptized will be saved. (Mark 16:16; Romans 10:9,10)
We believe that the Holy Spirit brings us to and keeps us in saving faith through God’s Word, Holy Baptism and The Lord’s Supper.
- We cannot believe in Jesus or decide to follow him without the assistance of the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12:3)
- God’s Word is true, powerful and transforms our lives. (Romans 10:17; 2 Timothy 3:14-16; Hebrews 4:12)
- Through baptism the Holy Spirit gives us new birth and the forgiveness of sin. (John 1:12,13; John 3:1-8; Titus 3:5; Acts 2:38)
- In Holy Communion, the body and blood of Jesus is present under forms of bread and wine for Christians to eat and drink. (1 Corinthians 10:16,17)
- In Holy Communion God offers believers the forgiveness of sins and increases the depth of their faith. (Matthew 26:27,28; John 6:54-58; 1 Corinthians 11:26)
We believe that through the church God equips and empowers believers to serve him by serving others and sharing the good news about Jesus.
- God has uniquely gifted each person to do good works which he empowers us to do. (Matthew 25:34-40; 1 Peter 4:10; Romans 12:3-21)
- It is not good for people to live in isolation. God intends for us to share His love with nonbelievers and believers alike through intentional relationships. (Genesis 2:18; Galatians 6:9,10; Hebrews 10:25)
- The Christian faith is best lived in close relationships with other people. (Proverbs 27:17; Acts 2:42-47; Romans 12:9-13)
- Our greatest purpose in life is to bring others into a saving relationship with Jesus their Savior. (Matthew 28:19,20; John 20:30,31)